Head of Finance - North American region
Who are we? A global team of passionate, purposeful people who band together to transform lives through a love of learning! We pride ourselves on our high-quality K-12 online educational products and our amazingly diverse workplace culture where people can truly bring their whole self to work.
Our flagship product Mathletics is trusted globally by millions of students and teachers - its all about making Math fun for kids whilst drastically improving educational outcomes. 3P’s headquarters are in Sydney, with regional teams located in the Americas (Calgary HQ) and EMEA (Bristol HQ).
We have an opportunity for a qualified accountant and experienced finance professional to join our global finance team in the role of Head of Finance for our North American region, (United States and Canada) with key responsibility for providing financial decision support and control finance process for the Americas region. This is an opportunity to fast-track your corporate finance career in an ASX listed, high-growth multinational environment, working with a relatively small but highly motivated and growth oriented Sales function.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a trusted business partner to the Americas sales leadership team, as well as a key member of the global finance team
- Understanding the drivers of business and influencing management decision making using insights derived from data
- Preparing budgets and forecasts
- Preparing month-end reporting packs and providing insights to drive future operational plans
- Lead the local finance team with AR and AP activity
- Providing ad-hoc analysis, such as ROI and customer profitability analysis
- Managing the month-end close process for the Americas region
- Ensuring compliance with Canadian and US laws, regulations and taxes
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting (or similar) and CPA
- Significant experience in a similar commercial finance business partner role supporting a Sales function
- Experience partnering commercial operations in the US and Canada (preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite and SalesForce (preferred)
Ideally you will be:
- A great communicator with the ability to build strong relationships and influence effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, both locally and globally
- Experienced in interpreting complex situations and finding innovative solutions
- A self-starter who shows initiative
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader developing world-class products. Our team is committed to excellence through innovation, we equally value academic rigor and engaging experiences for students and teachers. Our core values - we believe in people, we think without borders, we never give up, and we love learning combine powerfully to help bring our purpose to life - to transform lives through a love of learning. We invite your interest in this role and look forward to hearing from you.